India sets sights on cruise missile market

Asia Times Online ^

| Jan 30, 2007
| Siddharth Srivastava

Posted on 01/29/2007 5:10:36 AM PST by sukhoi-30mki

India sets sights on cruise missile market

By Siddharth Srivastava

NEW DELHI – Long considered among the top importing nations for defense hardware, India is now looking to access the fast-growing international market for cruise missiles, considered a lethally efficient weapon.

US forces used almost 1,000 such missiles when they first entered Iraq in 2003, and the total worldwide market is expected to be more than US$10 billion in the next decade. An inventory of more than 80,000 such missiles is estimated already to exist around the world. Indian Defense Minister A K Anthony has said New Delhi is holding talks with “some countries” for the sale of cruise missiles.

(Excerpt) Read more at atimes.com

TOPICS: Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events; Russia
KEYWORDS: airindia; antiamericanindia; armsbuildup; cisinformation; cruisemissiles; disinformation; genghisisabigot; hegemony; hindutva; india; indiahatesamerica; indiandisinformation; indinhegemony; killingchristians; killingsikhs; killingtamils; minorities; nomore; nukedealstinks; pakiscum; propaganda; rss; russia; seekinghegemony; softtarget; tbp; truebornpaki; warheads

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-71 next last

To: sukhoi-30mki

So now in addition to India’s dream of hegemony in South Asia, they want to be a major exporter of arms.

Given that they sold heavy water to Iran, along with other such actions, I’d be very worried abotu who India’s “customers” will be. It’s a country that has engaged in cross-border terrorism in Sindh as well as domestic terrorism of the Saddam typeagainst its own minorities, all the while pretending to be a friendly ally of the West.

posted on 01/29/2007 6:56:39 AM PST
by TBP

To: TBP

Hahahah! The “they” that sold heavy water to Iran were two private companies in India, which were then reprimanded by the Indian government for doing so. Perhaps you are unaware about the nefarious dealings by several American companies in the same manner, on a much larger scale. Not just to Iran, but even to China, a-la Motorola/ MIRV technologies.

posted on 01/29/2007 7:05:02 AM PST
by CarrotAndStick
(The articles posted by me needn’t necessarily reflect my opinion.)

To: CarrotAndStick

Exactly. Also, unlike some countries to our north, we do not sell nuclear technologies to countries like North Korea or Iran or Libya! Now, dont ask me what these countries to the north of India are!!! One of them is supposedly the ‘land of the pure’ and the other is a ‘responsible member of UNSC’!!!

posted on 01/29/2007 8:09:46 AM PST
by An_Indian

To: TBP

you should be banned for supporting terror organization!

posted on 01/29/2007 8:53:13 AM PST
by USMMA_83
(Tantra is my fetish ;))

To: USMMA_83

Nope, no terrorist organization. But keep trying. Your effort to suppress speech that disagrees with you is truly admirable. I’m sure the bloodthirsty Indian regime pays you well for it.

posted on 01/29/2007 10:40:13 AM PST
by TBP

To: TBP

You said…I’m sure the bloodthirsty Indian regime pays you well for it.

I’m a navy seal, and officer you want to say that to my face….How much did you get paid for your lobbying efforts (failed on all fronts, I might add..infact we are now deporting your sponsors to India for trial) for the terrorist organization – Khalistan Liberation Front…funded by Pakistan!

posted on 01/29/2007 11:48:14 AM PST
by USMMA_83
(Tantra is my fetish ;))

To: USMMA_83

I hve never ahd any contact with the Khalistan Liberation Front, as you very well know. How much do your India paymasters pay you to put out that kind of disinformation?

posted on 01/29/2007 12:20:12 PM PST
by TBP

To: TBP

why don’t you tell me how much I should charge them? You seem to have alot of exprience charging foreigners for your lobbying expertise…on the other hand..you are a looser…your side lost right…or are you working on another air india bombing plot?

posted on 01/29/2007 12:50:24 PM PST
by USMMA_83
(Tantra is my fetish ;))

To: USMMA_83

Again, as you very well know, I hve never had any contact with terrorists. You are well aware of that, so stop the disinformation campaign.

And Khalsitan is a very alive cause. I told you about the rallies and speeches adn seminars. The governmnt is so afraid of the movement that in both 2005 and 2006, they felt the need to arrest Khalistani activists for making speeches and raising the Khalsitani flag?

posted on 01/29/2007 1:03:01 PM PST
by TBP

To: CarrotAndStick

No, I remember the reports at the time, and it was clear from the news stories that the Indian government had done so.

Another piece of Indian disinformation exposed.

posted on 01/29/2007 1:04:26 PM PST
by TBP

To: TBP

You, Hammas, and the Khalistan Council are all the same…cry my a river..will ya…

posted on 01/29/2007 2:20:10 PM PST
by USMMA_83
(Tantra is my fetish ;))

To: Gengis Khan; swarthyguy; MunnaP

posted on 01/29/2007 2:21:19 PM PST
by USMMA_83
(Tantra is my fetish ;))

To: TBP

Again you lie…you just can’t help yourself, can you. You must have graduated from the Hammas school of world affairs…loser.

posted on 01/29/2007 2:22:47 PM PST
by USMMA_83
(Tantra is my fetish ;))

To: USMMA_83

You, Hammas, and the Khalistan Council are all the same

Even you know that that is a smear. I didn’t think we allowed this kind of lying, unprincipled smar on FR.

posted on 01/29/2007 2:32:05 PM PST
by TBP

To: TBP

Please…stop this nonsense…you know you support a terror organization…you can’t hide from your past. I on the other hand served in the Armed foces so that you can live in peace…go figure!

posted on 01/29/2007 2:36:30 PM PST
by USMMA_83
(Tantra is my fetish ;))

To: USMMA_83

Again with the smears. I’m surprised a self-proclaimed Navy Seal can’t do better than that. I remember reading the articles. They were “India Sells Heavy Water to Iran” not “Indian Companies Sell Heavey Water.” You, sir, seem to hve about as much regard for the truth as Bill Klintoon or the Indian regime that you love so much.

posted on 01/29/2007 2:37:12 PM PST
by TBP

To: USMMA_83

I on the other hand served in the Armed foces

As have I. Army. Your point? Or do you even have one?

posted on 01/29/2007 2:38:24 PM PST
by TBP

To: USMMA_83

you know you support a terror organization

Quite the contrary. YOU know VERY WELL that I do not and never have. Now stop with the Hindutva disinformation.

posted on 01/29/2007 2:39:47 PM PST
by TBP

To: USMMA_83; TBP

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-71 next last

Disclaimer:
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson