A Lexington man faces 17 felony charges following an investigation into drug trafficking in Davidson County.
In January, detectives with the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into Argenis Samuel Rivera Alicea, 36.
On Tuesday, March 8, deputies conducted a traffic stop on Rivera Alicea and found approximately 500 grams of Methamphetamine, 30 Suboxone strips and nine Oxycodone pills, according to a news release from the Sheriff’s Office. Rivera Alicea was arrested and charged with felony trafficking methamphetamine by possession, felony trafficking methamphetamine by transportation and felony maintaining a vehicle for controlled substances.
Detectives obtained a search warrant to search Rivera Alicea’s residence. There, detectives said they found approximately 1478 grams of marijuana, approximately three grams of psilocybin mushrooms, approximately 100 grams of crack cocaine, a rifle, a pistol, a revolver and miscellaneous items of drug paraphernalia.
Following the search of Rivera Alicea’s residence, he faces additional charges of:
- Felony trafficking methamphetamine by possession
- Felony trafficking methamphetamine by manufacturing
- Felony manufacturing methamphetamine
- Felony trafficking cocaine by manufacturing
- Felony trafficking cocaine by possession
- Felony manufacturing cocaine
- Felony possession with intent to sell and distribute Schedule I
- Felony possession with intent to sell and distribute Schedule II
- Felony possession with intent to sell and distribute Schedule III
- Felony possession with intent to sell and distribute Schedule VI
- Three counts of felony possession of firearm by felon
- Felony maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances
- Misdemeanor possession of marijuana paraphernalia
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
Rivera Alicea is being held in the Davidson County Jail on a $1,500,000 total bond. He’s scheduled to appear in court at 9 a.m. on April 1.
Please consider supporting local journalism and subscribing to The Dispatch.
— Breaking news reporter Rachel Berry can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @racheldberry.