Revised Date: February 9, 2021
Effective Date: March 11, 2021
- Contact Information
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
- Online Advertising
- Sharing Your Information
- Do Not Track Disclosure
- Retention of Personal Information
- Preference Management
- Your Legal Rights
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
- Your EU Privacy Rights
- Information Security
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Third Party Materials
The Daily Wire, LLC is the controller and is responsible for your Personal Information.
For EU consumers, if you believe that your Personal Information has been processed in a way that does not comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national regulator for data protection. We would, however, appreciate the chance to resolve your concerns before you approach the regulator. Please contact us using our online form or email at privacy@DailyWire.com.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Via email, text and other electronic messages between you and us.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites or the Services.
Information We Collect
Personal Information means any information, alone or in combination, from which a natural person can be identified. It does not include data where identifiers have been removed (e.g., anonymous or aggregate data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information and information about you in the following categories:
- Identity Data includes your first and last name.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and a telephone number.
- Financial Data includes a bank account or payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about any payments to and from you and other details of Services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device ID, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Websites or Services.
- Account and Profile Data includes your username and password, your subscription order(s), your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website and Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and/or third parties and your communication preferences.
- Employment Data includes data about your professional life such as a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter.
- Social Media Data includes your name, social media account information, and friends.
We collect Personal Information directly from you when, for example, you subscribe to our newsfeed, participate in a live chat, or apply for a position or internship. In some instances, you will be asked to establish an account with us by creating individual login information: an ID (your email) and a unique password. Your Profile and Financial Information may be linked to your account. (Please do not share your login information with any other person.)
Usage Data and Websites Activity
We automatically collect and analyze information in connection with the actions you take on the Websites and in connection with using the Services (“Usage Data”) to improve the Websites, Services and user experience. This data includes, but is not limited to, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, mobile device ID, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Websites, and aggregate data about the pages visited. This usage information may be associated with your username and profile. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information in this manner include DW’s legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, and the performance of a contractual relationship with you.
Special Categories of Personal Information
We do not collect any “special categories” of Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data).
We may receive Personal Information about you from various third parties or public sources.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a contract we have entered into with you or to fulfill your request.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
- With your consent.
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you requested or contracted for.
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- To diagnose and prevent service or technology problems associated with the Websites and Services.
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or other content offered on the Websites or Services.
- Respond to your inquiries or otherwise communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, and mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Develop and display content and advertising, if any, tailored to your interests on our Websites and third-party websites.
- Manage our business and perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection of your information.
Anonymous and Aggregate Information
We reserve the right and discretion to create, use and disclose anonymous and aggregate information, i.e., information about specific individuals or groups of individuals from which personal identifiers have been removed and specific individuals cannot be identified.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
If you use our mobile application on a desktop, a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device, we may collect a Resettable Device Identifier from your device. Resettable Device Identifiers (also known as mobile advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the “Identifier for Advertisers” (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices.
For more information on how to manage cookies, please see below (“Preference Management”).
To opt out of receiving online advertising, please see below (“Preference Management”).
Do Not Track Disclosure
Additionally, although some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, we are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
Sharing Your Information
- To designated contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To DW corporate affiliated entities.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change in control, or other sale, transfer, or other action with respect to of some or all of DW assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by DW about the Website users is among the assets affected.
- To our affiliates and Advertising Partners to provide you with online advertising and other information that may be relevant to you, including for their own marketing purposes.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any law enforcement, government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DW, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about the Website users without restriction.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We may retain your Personal Information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it, including to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax and/or accounting obligations. We will do so in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable law.
We strive to provide you with appropriate choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created the following mechanisms to provide you choices and control over your information.
Other Uses — We will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information in any ways or for any purposes that are materially different from those set forth herein. However, if we wish to do so in the future, we will provide notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such proposed collection, use, or disclosure.
Promotional or Marketing Messages — You can opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us or third parties by using the “Unsubscribe” feature at the bottom of each email or “STOP” in text messages or by requesting to opt out by emailing us at optout@DailyWire.com.
Cookies — You have the ability to disable or opt-out of certain cookies by going to the Cookie Preferences of your browser. Also, you can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, certain features of the Website or Services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
Interest-Based Advertising — In some instances, you can opt-out of receiving interest-based online ads from us, third party advertisers and ad networks. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. Advertisers and ad networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising provide opt-out choices at the following websites:
Users in the EEA/US can opt out on the European Digital Advertising Alliance can opt out at: EDAA Website (EEA/EU): https://www.youronlinechoices.com/
Be advised that these opt-out tools are provided by third parties and may not be available with respect to all interest-based advertising that is presented to you. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools. Even if you opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, you may still receive generic ads.
Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to help us manage and improve the Website and Services. Google provides a Browser Add-On that allows you to opt-out by downloading and installing the add-on for your web browser, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Be advised, however, that we may continue to send you transactional communications (e.g., emails regarding account notifications, customer support questions and similar information) regarding your use of the Websites and Services. You cannot opt out of receiving these types of communications.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you.
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected or deleted.
- Object to having your Personal Information processed.
- Request that we delete any and all Personal Information we hold about you.
- Request that we restrict processing your Personal Information.
- Request that you not be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
- Receive your Personal Information in a structured, prevailing, and machine-readable form and/or have your Personal Information transferred to another controller, where technically feasible.
- Withdraw consent
DW email subscribers and subscribers of paid content may access and correct their contact information on file by accessing their account online. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
“Shine The Light” Law — California resident with whom DW has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to any Personal Information DW may have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, DW may provide a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing.
DW has opted to provide you with a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing. If you do not want DW to disclose your Personal Information to other companies for their marketing purposes, please email us at privacy@DailyWire.com.
For California residents under the age of 18 and registered users of the Websites or Services, California law (Business and Professionals Code § 22581) provides that you can request the removal of content or information you posted on Websites. Any such request should be sent to us at privacy@DailyWire.com along with a description of the posted content or other information to be removed. Be advised, however, that applicable law may not permit us to completely or comprehensively remove your deleted content or for other reasons as set forth in this California law.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) — In the preceding twelve (12) months we have collected the following categories of personal information (and as further described above in the section, “Information We Collect”):
- Personal Identifiers and Information (per California Customer Records statute)
- Commercial Information
- Internet and other electronic network activity
- Geolocation information
- Professional or employment related information
- Other information you provide
- Inferences from the above
The same section describes how this information is collected. We collect this information for the purposes as described above in the section, “How We Use the Information We Collect.” It is disclosed to third parties as described in the section, “Sharing Your Information.”
Under the CCPA, California residents may be able to exercise the rights listed below in certain circumstances: Right to Know, Right to Delete and Right to Opt Out.
Right to Know. The right to know and see what certain details regarding what information we have collected about you over the past twelve months, including:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information about you.
Right to Delete. The right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same).
Right to Opt Out. The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. To opt out of the sale of your personal information, please click the “Do Not Sell My Info” link on our homepage or submit a request using one of the methods outlined below. Although we do not sell your Personal Information, from time to time we may use some of your Personal Information for advertising performance analysis and audience modeling which may be interpreted as Data Sales under the CCPA. You can opt out of this here and we will ensure your data is no longer used for these purposes.
To submit a request to exercise any of your California privacy rights, please contact us using one of the following methods:
(We do not discriminate against a user if they exercise any of the rights available under the CCPA.)
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to optout@DailyWire.com.
Your EEA Privacy Rights
The Legal Basis for Using EEA Personal Information — For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), we advise that your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, which has data protection laws that are different than those in your country and may not be as protective. The United States has not sought or received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information is to do so with your consent; where we need the personal information for performance of a contract or requested service, including to provide you with our daily Newsletter, or where the collection and use is in our or another’s legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect the personal information in question. If we collected your Personal Information with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Our retention of your personal information and any subsequent communications are based on our legitimate interest in providing you with new and potentially relevant materials based on your geography, role, or company. As always, you can elect to opt out from receiving such future communications.
To the extent that we transfer personal information from the EEA to a jurisdiction outside the EEA that has not been adduced by the European Commission as providing adequate data protections (such as the United States), we will ensure that such Personal Information is safeguarded through appropriate contractual terms or other approved mechanisms.
Rights for EEA Residents — In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to:
- Find out if we use your personal information, to access your Personal Information, and receive copies of your personal information.
- Withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your Personal Information at any time without penalty.
- Access your Personal Information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Obtain a transferable copy of some of your Personal Information which can be transferred to another provider when the Personal Information was processed based on your consent.
- If you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your Personal Information, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- Request your Personal Information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if is using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your Personal Information be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If we ask you to provide personal information to us to comply with a legal requirement or enter into a contract, we will inform you of this and let you know whether providing us with your Personal Information is required and if not, the consequences of not sharing your Personal Information with us.
Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our or a third party’s legitimate interests and those interests are not already described above, we will let you know what those legitimate interests are.
To withdraw consent or exercise these rights, please contact us via email at privacy@DailyWire.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your Personal Information in violation of the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (also known as Data Protection Authority) or other appropriate governmental authority in your EEA Member State. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
DW has commercially reasonable procedural, technical and physical security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of information that you provide, including Personal Information. We require third parties with whom we share Personal Information to do the same. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Websites or Services, and DW is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Websites or Services, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Please do not provide your password to another person. We cannot be responsible for a data breach or other incident if a password is used by unauthorized persons.
Transfer of Information to the United States
The Websites are owned and operated by DW in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. By using the Websites or Services, or providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer to and the processing, and storage of your information in the United States. Please be aware that the United States and jurisdictions other than the one in which you are located may not provide the same level of data protection as considered adequate in your country. Note also that your Personal Information may be available to the US Government or its agencies under legal process in the United States.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Websites or through any of its features, register on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using our online form.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
If you are under the age of 18 and have subscribed to any of the paid content available on our Websites, you must have your parent’s permission and we will assume you have done so. We do not otherwise knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. By using the Websites or Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered or otherwise provided Personal Information, we will cancel the corresponding registration and delete such information from our records.
Links to Third Party Materials
The Daily Wire, LLC
1831 12th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203
- February 2021 Revised provisions to further address California and other compliance obligations.
- September 2019 Revised provisions to update Website references and related policies.
- June 2018 Revised provisions to address GDPR compliance obligations.
- October 2017 Revised provisions related to collection and use of information; information security. Made additional miscellaneous modifications.